NYFW Look of the Day: Last night Suno sent a lot of stripes and prints down the runway that I really loved. Designers Erin Beatty and Max Osterweiss said the collection was about “never feeing too done, but never looking undone either” — a message that translated clearly into their easy but put-together looks. My favorite was this plaid skirt (skort?!) look with a simple but classic top and killer accessories.
Girls of Summer: Around this time of year I’m always kind of ready for fall — I just want to wear my leather jacket and not be sweaty all the time, really. But I just stumbled across Berlin-based C-Heads Magazine's “50 Girls of Summer” series and it's making me want to enjoy summer while it lasts. The series, shot by Rubert LaMontagne, was shot in Montreal, NYC, and LA and perfectly captures all the summer feels: greens, rooftops, and girls with freckles. Definitely check out more of the series over on C-Heads.
Late Night Treat: At first glance Bradley Hankey's latest series looks like a bunch of nicely filtered Instagram photos — but the scenes are actually realistic oil paintings on wood panels. For the series, Hankey traveled around Los Angeles taking minimalistic photographs and filtering them to give them that vintage feel, and then used that as the basis for his paintings. The series, aptly titled #instalite #losangeles, really makes for some killer summer vibes.
Weekend Wear: I’ve been browsing through some of the street style looks from the Paris Couture shows and this look really nailed it. I love that while a lot of people would normally pair a jumpsuit like this with heels, she kept it casual with some cool sneakers. It’s the perfect look for grabbing drinks with friends on a summer day.
White Out: Whites for summer is nothing new, but lately I’ve been seeing a lot of people on the street in amazing all white outfits that feel fresh and cool. I’m especially into the crisp white shirt dress, and currently on the hunt for the perfect one — this Topshop one is definitely a contender! In the meantime, white jeans and crop tops paired with some white sneakers seems like the perfect summer outfit to me.
TBT: I’m loving this way ahead of it’s time Vogue cover from 1938. I’m heading up to Montauk in the morning to chill out and watch some surfing, so this throw back couldn’t be more appropriate. It might even inspire me to get up on a board myself!
I’ve got a birthday coming up this Saturday, and while I’m a little scared to officially be in my “mid-20’s,” I’m excited to get away from the city on a little beach getaway. Even though I’ll be happy just being able to relax and enjoy the sun, I obviously have some things on my mind that I’d love to get. (Hi Mom, I know you’re reading this cough cough!) Here are some things I’ve been lusting after lately.
1. The Reformation Dove Dress - because I really want to be a #refbabe.
2. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera - I’ve been trying to get back into film and this pocket-sized instant camera seems like the perfect option!
3. Baggu Leather Bucket Bag - I’ve been lusting after this bag since Christmas, it’s the perfect weekend bag!
4. A Denim Story: Inspirations from Bellbottoms to Boyfriends - Current/Elliott released this book a couple months back; it seems like the perfect inspiration for a blue-jean lover like me.
5. Helen Levi Gilded Eye Cup - Perfect for an air plant, which I also really want!
6. Crosley Cruiser Briefcase Portable Record Player - The record player I’ve had since high school broke recently, so I’ve been looking to replace it with something a little bit less bulky and easy-to-use like this Crosley one.
7. Karen Walker Anywhere Crazy Tort Sunnies - Because it’s summer and a girl could always use a new pair of sunglasses.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Lovell Flatforms - Cute shoes like these flatforms are always going to make it onto any wish list of mine because shoes, duh.